1994 Chevy C3500HD single cab swap/rocker panels/cab corners

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm
Here is my winter project. It's a 1994 Chevy c3500hd. The original cab is rotted and had rodents living inside. Smells like cap and piss. There was a big hole on the drivers floor. i searched high and low for a clean 96 extended cab with 3rd door to swap put the cabs. every truck i came across had rotted rockers and cab corners. i found this one for a decent price and was not too bad. when its all said and done with will be an extended cab wrecker tow truck. since its the HD model it has the full 15,000 GVW. an extended cab option was never an option on the HD. it will need the passenger side cab corner and back half of the rocker panel. i got the cab corner for $15 and the rocker panel may of been $70. it has to new locking mech for the 3rd door which was a problem on most of the truck i looked at. the floor has some minor rust spots on the inside i needs to sand down and seal. while its a bare cab i plan on respraying it all black. the roof area by the windsheild also needs a little attention. this will be my first jump into body work. i have most of the basic stuff. 60 gallon air compressor, da sander, die grinder, mixing board, filler shavers, sanding blocks, HF spray guns, mig wilder. i just need to start buying supplies. if it somes out good ill respray my big tow truck to match

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm
Can't see any of your photos.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects