1949 Ford F-1 Pickup

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 pm
Is it my imagination or are you becoming a metal working master?
Nice work on those floor pans they really look like they belong there. :goodjob:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Is it my imagination or are you becoming a metal working master?
:goodjob:

It's your imagination. :happy: I'm far from it. Thanks. I'm still waiting for my sheetmetal DVD to arrive. I feel like a kid at xmas time!!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Today was a busy day! I tore apart P/O rig job on the bed. It wasn't pretty.

Had a junk piece of diamondplate welded in for the floor.

Here's what the diamondplate was hiding.1 :shocked:

Look's better to me with this hideous stuff removed.

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 am
nice work...what are your plans for the bed - I have a similar problem where the lip (that holds the floor) has rotten away - repair or buy new panels or complete bed ?

Stephen

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 am
The tailgate is practically new, so I'm good there. The fenders have some rot in the ususal places (where they meet the running boards), but I don' think they are too bad. I think I can still use the

bedsides. I'll probably weld another layer of sheet metal to them so I'll have a double panel which will make it easier on the bodywork. The header panel will need to be replaced so I guess I get to

practice my fabbing skills some more. :rockon: I'll be able to tell a lot more when I get the filler/paint removed from the panels.

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 am
I've seen and spoken to Dan at http://www.dancarpenters.com/48bed.html - I think I will be using his services - I don't think I can ever rescue my original beds economically.

I've looked at the quality of his products and am impressed.

Stephen

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Nice progress so far Greg. :clap:

Not to highjack your thread, but thought you'd get a kick out of these pics of a 50 that I've spent the better part of the past 10 weeks trying to sort out. This started out as an f-3. Bed was shortened, narrowed and chopped, fenders have all been extended, tilt front end is controlled by a linear actuator and Ford script taillights are in the roll pan.. good example of what not to do to your project. :lol:

Last edited by bloverby on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 pm
Cool truck, thanks for sharing. I've got a fiberglass tilt front end so I've been researching linear actuator's for a while now. Can you possible get some closer pics of the actuator installation plus the info: brand, range of motion, etc.

Thanks.

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm
this company makes good actuators - I actually use them for an electric filter pit door for my koi pond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SoNmAaF2Do - if you are interested

here are the product links - search around on the site and they have various sizes/power/displacements

http://www.firgelliauto.com/

Stephen

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:12 pm
I had looked at these actuators before, but someone on Ford Truck Enthusiasts had used one to tilt his front end and it broke on him causing damage to the front end. Don't know if he got a defective one or what.
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects