79 camaro z28 436sbc/4speed build.bright cobalt blue metalli

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 pm
I like working one panel like that at a time then sanding my filler before moving on. If its gonna set i go ahead and apply urethane primer to the panel.
:allgood:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:31 pm
yeah thats the way im gonna try to do this one,work one panel at atime then on to the next one,my door jams are in really good shape im just gonna scuff them then apply a primer sealer then paint them,so i can get my doors back on soon thats gonna be a job by myself there pretty heavy.maybe i should invest in one of those fixtures that hook to the floor jack for installing the dooors.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 pm
bad436z28 wrote:yeah thats the way im gonna try to do this one,work one panel at atime then on to the next one,my door jams are in really good shape im just gonna scuff them then apply a primer sealer then paint them,so i can get my doors back on soon thats gonna be a job by myself there pretty heavy.maybe i should invest in one of those fixtures that hook to the floor jack for installing the dooors.

If the jambs look good just scuff and shoot.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 am
ok thx timbo wasnt sure if i needed the sealer,wasnt sure if the blue would cover the oange very good,will be much easier to just scuff and shoot.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm
well spent the day finishing my bumper sanding it and prepping for my 2 coats 2k primer on tuesday,cant wait to finally get in primer and move on to the next panel,my passenger fender,i do i have to sand one tiny spot on the bumper where i had to reapply some filler sanded it a little to far just wanna be sure its perfect before laying the primer,it did come out much better than i had expected.maybe tomarrow i can wash the door jams really good then use some wax and grease remover and scuff with a grey scratch pad and they will be ready for color.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 am
005.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
heres some pictures of my work.

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 am
You aren't ready for the jamb work yet. You need primer on the outside first.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 am
sorry i meant prepping the jams,not painting them yet.just wanna wash them really good and scuff them,then when i get all my primer layed down i can paint them,and on the drivers side door theres a tiny rust spot i need to fix.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm
well got my polar accelerator,im headed out now to do the final wipe down with wax and grease remover then i will be laying my primer its 50 degrees,lets see how good this stuff works.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 pm
005.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
was beautiful in michigan today ended up getting to 65 degrees so i didnt need the polar accelerator after all,but still added a little to see how it works it sure does make it dry fast liked that,so i finished all my final sanding cleaned it really good with wax and grease remover and sprayed my 2 coats of 2k primer,turned out pretty good better than i expected seeing the condition the cover was in before i started,cant complain,i really like that mar hyde ultimate 2k primer went on exceptionally smooth,now i can move on to the next panel my front passenger fender,that should be alot easier,my fenders are in awesome condition not any rust anywhere just gotta fix a couple ripples in the top edge,looks as if someone leaned on it with there hands.
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects