Project Kraken. 91 mustang

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 am
Latest pic. Poor lighting and she's dirty..

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm
It loooks like your ready to go.That would have to get up and scream !

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 pm
Back on the ground..

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 am
Almost ready to drive. Just waiting on the front rims to come in. And a few touch ups.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 pm
Well today really put a smile on my face. Got a few kinks worked out. Took my son for a drive. And tucked the stang in bed till next weekend. Dyno day and car show!

First kink. A/F was 17.0 at cruise and light acceleration. Swapped jets and she's at 11.8 so it's REALLY close for cruise. I'd like to see it at 12.5-13. wot is perfect at 11.4 . pulls so **** hard now. What I suspected before with the 4.56's was dead on. The 4.56's weren't loading the blower enough to really wrap up. The 3.73 put more load on the blower now and she **** pulls. It's quicker then I had expected it to be before I started the build.

Second kink. Had a loud grinding noise and vibration coming from the rear. I feared the worst with the fresh gear swap. Knowing how anal i was during installation(as always) i doubted it could be the rear but..... After close inspection I found the e brake cables under the car rubbing the driveshaft at the rear. They aren't hooked up yet. Just gotta build a bracket and route the cables. Tucked them away and the rear is quiet as a kitten.

My son loves daddy's mustang. He's always out trying to help when I'm out working on it. He's a mustang addict already. :)

Still need body moulding, fuel door, and a few touch ups but its driveable! And legal!! Sorta :)

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:14 pm
Great job!
Really enjoying this website and the exchange of information!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm
Almost forgot I was a member here. Lol. It's been a while but I'm checking back in with some updated pics. I recently started a new engine build for my next car. It's a fuel injected 14-71 blown sbf 428. Should make roughly 1600hp and will see street time. Currently searching for a 99-04 mustang chassis to build for it. Anyways here are last pics of the foxbody project.

Added nitrous

Previous

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects