Project Kraken. 91 mustang

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:24 pm
Learned a valuable lesson today....clean your gun GOOD! went to lay down final prime on the passenger fender and trunk lid only to have a splotchy irratic fan. Took me a second to realize my mistake after adjusting the pressure and fluid. Then out came all kinds of goodness. The gun took a **** all over my panels. :flatten: unfortunately I failed to remember my wife rushing me back in the house after using my primer gun last(I always clean immediately) but such was not the case last time...

and now I'm debating blocking this all out again and throwing down more primer or try to see if it will wet sand out... Guess we will see.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 am
Got the trunk lid and passenger fender wet sanded and ready for color. All the block sanding has paid off. Glass smooth.

Had to weld a crack in the passenger fender was covered with body filler. I'll get the driver fender done today and ready for color and spray all 3 tonight.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 pm
Final block sand on the hood. Got all the waves out finally. It was worth the effort. I'll lay final prime on it this afternoon and wetsand with guide coat to spray color tomorrow along with both fenders and the trunk lid.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:49 pm
Yay! Color! Lol. Things haven't gone as planned so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have both front fenders, trunk lid, and hood in color. Here's a start. 3 coats base with no clear yet. I'll let each piece cure for two days before I wet sand and clear.

Last edited by 1badfox on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:24 pm
There's more where that came from. :)

Laid down smooth

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 pm
Got some more work done on the rear 1/4. It's getting really close. Need to fine tune the lower lip and block the whole 1/4 again to make sure everything else is straight.

Sprayed another coat of primer on the body. Only body work left is the cowl panel and one ding in the driver side below the door. Driver fender is in final primer.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:06 pm
With respect. Even when spraying outside, it would not be a bad idea to use a good respirator. You only get one set of lungs.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:27 pm
:goodpost: :goodpost:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 pm
Looks a lot better huh!
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 am
Did a bit more body work yesterday. I adressed the driver side cowl portion and the dent below the driver door.

Used about 25 studs pulling the damage out. It was a pain. The metal was stretched and there was no access behind it for a dolly. Cut out the wiper provision and welded it up. Skimmed it with body filler and it's turning out quite nice.

And below the door. Used 4 studs on this and got her fixed up.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects