67 pontiac tempest restomod

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 pm
Good Day , fellow car guys and gals ,

i will be starting my restomod of my 67 this summer if i can get a garage , i will be doing a frame off
i will be relying heavily on you guys since i never painted a car

i put it together hastily in 2012 since i was moving from socal to northern va , so now that im home i can take my time and do it right , it was painted poorly before by the guy i bought it from , so i will be taking all the way down to bare metal

the plan is to do the frame this summer

which will include a moser rear and hotchkiss stage 2 tvs , i will replace all the breaklines and fuel lines with new ones , also i currently have rear drum breaks which will be converted to disc brakes and maybe replacing the gastank , i will post pictures soon off the car right now so you have an idea

thank you for all the help in advance

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 am
welcome, sounds like a nice project. Make sure you take lots of pictures :-)

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 pm
:welcome:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm
i think thats the link to the album , thats what the car looks like right now , 400 block with a 4 speed m21 muncie

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm
the whole car needs to be repainted and the interior sprayed with sound deadener , i will change also the whole wiring harness , im going to let a shop replace the tempest rear panel with a gto one since it looks better , i will most likely remove the gto emblem since it is not a real one

i was looking at house of kolor paints , either orion silver or galaxy grey , both of them are metallics , i heard they are hard to spray

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am
Nothing wrong with a clone. They are running around everywhere. Some ppl will sale one with misleading info. Not nice. Best wishes. Hope you don't hae to back it up too much. Lol
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 pm
don't worry i'm most likely not gonna sell it for awhile now , i havent really driven it , since i have no exhaust system at all and no speedometer that works , plus i found a bunch of rust in the trunk today which is horrible . since i dont know how to weld at all i will have to let a shop cut it out and re do it which is gonna cost me a leg and arm

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 pm

well since the weather is good again , i have started taking the 67 apart , once i have acquired an engine hoist and build a cradle for the body it will come off the frame , once off the frame i will dissassemble the frame and send it to be powder coated , i havent decided on the color yet but im leaning towards black

the car will be repainted in bright atlantic blue , at least that is the plan for now

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 am

i moved the engine and transmission off today as well ( pictures later )
well the body is finally off the frame , the next thing will be to powder coat the frame , i found that my trunk is pretty rusted and it will need heavy patching , i dont know how to weld so a shop will have to do that part for me

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:51 am
awesome project!!
on the sound deadening, I would suggest something like dynamat or hushmat on the inside over a spray on sound deadener. from what I have read, they offer more sound deadening that spray in.
Next

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects