my ke20 corolla resto

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:16 am
Moving metal the way some of you guys do is truely an art form!! Looks great!

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:39 am
lol, the only artform when I do it mate is the top of my head is becoming a blank canvas (goin bald) lol.
its all about not letting it beat you, reading heaps of books, watching heaps of dvd's and youtube and asking heaps of questions for me, and then getting your fingers hit with the hammer, skin cut open, and anything else that could go wrong!!
krem

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 pm
Excellent work. Thats gonna be a nice car when its done.

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:29 am
ok,so ive been a bit slack again for last few months, but I managed to get a few weeks with no work so finally got the rest of the car in primer last week, and then the shell painted today, I got a new gun a few weks ago and have been busting to try it out, 1st coat went on awesome, but then the 2nd coat I had a few issues with, the gun was splattering and carrying on, so cleaned it out and it sprayed thinners thru it, went awesome, thinned paint down a little more but still had issues, figured out the cap lid was blocked, lol, then juat as I started the roof the power cut out, no light and ran short on air but power came on just as I got to the end of the roof, its a little peely but will block out and buff up nice, the main thing is, the 1/4 panels are straight as a die!!
anyways, here are some pics, 1st up, the last of the primer then the shell painted!!

krem

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 pm
Looks real nice.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:12 pm
Nice car Krem :)

When is the rx7 going to get its turn?

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:52 am
lol, that had its turn a few yrs back, then the young fella (mrs son) lost interest and I gave up on doing all the work by myself, he has since bought himself another car and his sister now gets the rx7, sh just turned 15 so will be restarting it again soon I guess!!
krem

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:09 pm
Looks good. When I read the topic I didn't know if I would like it, but it's kinda cool looking.

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 am
ok, well I had a bit of a go over this xmas and got the car painted, it looks sweet in the pics but had some issues, the power cut out again (need to get the shed hardwired real soon) and the extraction fan I had rigged up above the car dropped some dust and crud all over the top surface of the car in the 1st coat, since I had already mixed up the paint (2k) it was either gonna go hard in the tub or on the car, so I decided I would try to block smooth and if I needed to flow coat then I would!!
anyways, I denibbed as much of it I could and then ran over it with the orbie and 1500 film discs, then I followed up with 2000 foam pad (damp) and then 3000 foam pad (damp also) and started buffing, I did the roof and could still see a few mark and stuff from the dust and some very slight sand scratches, but only if I got right down and really looked hard into the paint, is this normal under fluro lights?? out in the real light it looks sweeeeet!!
anyways, I have done the bonnet and it too has marks when I look real hard under the lights, it really gets to me as I want to do the best I can, but I know out of the lights it looks awesome, am I being too picky when looking at it under lights??
anyways, here are the pics off the gun and the next day out in the sun before I started sanding!!
I went over all the rub thru's and bits that looked a bit iffy with some epoxy

3 coats of the original peak white in 2k with 10% reducer on 2bar with my new devilbiss gti prolite, te10 cap, 1.3mm tip, wide open fan, fluid tip all the way out, got a few runs but white is just so hard to see, I did have another 4 twin fluros put in shed so now have 8 in total!!
krem

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:13 am
That's awesome Krem.. A Torana guy here, but I love the KE's! Not much cooler than a RWD Corolla that's for sure. Plus my friend is a KE10/11 fanatic and that's why I appreciate them so much!

Just curious, what's your spray booth (if any) setup like?
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects