55/58 Chevy Truck Project.

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Looking good. :goodjob:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am
70CamaroSC wrote:Dude, that looks great!! :clap:

Thanks man I really appreciate your comments.

GregStith wrote:Congrats looks good. I know that seeing color on your ride is really an exciting step.

Thanks, and you sure got that right. Its wonderful to see some color on the truck. Very excited and finally convinced that I picked the right color. I was really nervous about that green.

'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Looking good. :goodjob:

Thanks man thats nice of you to say. How is that truck build coming along?

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:22 am
Its on hold for the moment as I am working on my 68 Coronet R/T trying to get the motor together and installed.
Broke an exhaust manifold stud off in the block, then broke the ez-out off in the bolt. :knockout:
Had to work late today so no time to mess with it. Plan to weld a bolt to the stud and try to turn it out.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:17 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Its on hold for the moment as I am working on my 68 Coronet R/T trying to get the motor together and installed.
Broke an exhaust manifold stud off in the block, then broke the ez-out off in the bolt. :knockout:
Had to work late today so no time to mess with it. Plan to weld a bolt to the stud and try to turn it out.

Well you know I wish you luck on that. I hope it all goes well buddy.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm
A buddy of mine came by and took some shots of the cab and his pics are better than mine (better camera also) and
you can really see the color so I thought I would share. I know the pics are basically the same ones I took but his camera is much better and you can really see what the color looks like in person.

As far as what I'm working on now. That would be final mock up and fixing all those dreaded panel gaps before painting the cab.lol
But I must be honest have not be doing much because of all the car shows I've be going to. This is car show season here and I've been making the rounds.lol

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:32 am
Looks great!! Honey Do's and just life are keeping
me from getting anything done :realmad:
Clay B.

Jane's Progress Thread

I can do everything through Jesus Christ who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:24 pm
Looks really good. X2 on the car shows. Love seeing peoples work.
I honestly don't know if I'll ever finish mine. Something ALWAYS gets in the way. :cry:

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:58 am
Whew, I'm tired just from seeing all the work you do. You are doing it man. You have any additional photos of your home made paint booth?

Thanks...Al
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:33 pm
GregStith wrote:Looks really good. X2 on the car shows. Love seeing peoples work.
I honestly don't know if I'll ever finish mine. Something ALWAYS gets in the way. :cry:

Thanks buddy. You will finish yours, just one day at a time like mine. I will finish this truck someday, I just don't worry about and keep it pushing. I do what I can when I can.

70CamaroSC wrote:Looks great!! Honey Do's and just life are keeping
me from getting anything done :realmad:

Thanks man. My Honey do list is quite long also so I feel you on that.

Methodical wrote:Whew, I'm tired just from seeing all the work you do. You are doing it man. You have any additional photos of your home made paint booth?

Thanks...Al

Yeah it was and is a lot of work but its fun and rewarding do it. I love this stuff man. Anyway not much to my makeshift booth. Its very primitive but works well for me. Its just a harbor freight canopy wrap in 4 mil plastic (clear 4 mil lets the light come through) and I used plastic HF clamps for an entry and exit. I keep the ground wet when painting and cut a hole in the plastic and have a fan with a filter on it to pull the fumes. I get very little dust or dirt and cutting and buffing well solve what I do get.

You can see the fan and the filter (lots of green from pulling the fumes) this is the the back of the makeshift paint booth. I also have a fan on the other side. The front is the same it just has clamps. I remove one to sneak in and clamp it after I enter and leave. Zipwalls will be better that is what I'm going to use when I paint the outside of the cab. They allow you to install a zipper on plastic sheeting.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 am
I could not help myself.lol I always wanted the progressive automotive x member/transmission mount but put it off due to cost. But it keep calling me so I broke down and bought it. Well anyway here it is.

As shipped

Welded together and cut down for installation

Installed. Removing the factory crossmembers were a lot of work but I like this better.

The Transmission mount is just sitting there in this pic, it will not be welded in until engine and trans mockup.
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects