55/58 Chevy Truck Project.

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:51 am
Bam,
I used a similar set up but had serious problems with the pedal not lining up properly with the hole in the cab floor.
Once I put the cab on I had to cut the pedal arm down and reshape the arc so it would work properly. Let me know if you run into the same thing.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:02 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Bam,
I used a similar set up but had serious problems with the pedal not lining up properly with the hole in the cab floor.
Once I put the cab on I had to cut the pedal arm down and reshape the arc so it would work properly. Let me know if you run into the same thing.

The good thing is its only tack welded in place (the pedal that is) because I wanted to be able to move it, if need be once the cab is on the frame. Also I welded up all holes on the cab floor and drilled a small hole where the pedal use to be for a reference. I don't need it exact but I do want it very close to where the original pedal was.

Thanks for letting me know about the reshape of the arc, if I need to do that I will be sure to let you know. Headache comes with the territory when you customize and god knows I've had a lot of headaches.lol

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:36 am
I got the frame repainted.

Here is the push rod connection to the brake pedal I had to fab up the mount for the brake pedal.

Last edited by BAM55 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm
Were your ears ringing today?
Owner of the 55 I'm working on came over to discuss his project. I told him about your build and how meticulous you are.
Great work on the brake set up and frame.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:42 pm
Thanks man. I think you are doing a great job on his truck also so he is in good hands.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:30 pm
Bam, just read through all your work on your truck, and it is fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post all the amazing pictures.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:16 pm
Mark 56 Pittsburgh wrote:Bam, just read through all your work on your truck, and it is fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post all the amazing pictures.

Thanks man, as soon as I have something of note to post I will be sure to updated the thread. Thanks for the kind words buddy.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:53 pm
Bam, I've really enjoyed following your progress. Outstanding work! :clap: :worthy:

I absolutely love the color you picked out. What is the brand/code if you don't mind my asking?

I think that color would be perfect on my '60 Falcon Wagon project.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30 pm
1tuff68 wrote:Bam, I've really enjoyed following your progress. Outstanding work! :clap: :worthy:

I absolutely love the color you picked out. What is the brand/code if you don't mind my asking?

I think that color would be perfect on my '60 Falcon Wagon project.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the comments. As far as the brand of paint it is Nason Basecoat and Clear. The code I don't have right now but I can check the label when I get home. The color? I got it off a new scion.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:11 am
Thanks, it must be "Scion Envy Green". Can't wait to see more progress. Keep up the marvelous work!
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects