Some guitar projects done.

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:36 am
I finally get around to posting some of the stuff I've been doing!
Upright finished.JPG
A Flying V in AA Sparklescent Orange
Lettering.JPG
Lettering detail

Dean upright.jpg
Dean electro acoustic, "Fire and Water".
Phoenix 2.jpg
Phoenix close up

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 pm
Looks awesome. Great work!

When you did the acoustic, did you just mask around the bridge and the important stuff? or did you remove the bridge before re-finishing? I know on electrics that have a bolt on neck, it's easier to take a lot of the pieces off so you just mess with the stripped body.

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:55 am
The bridge and neck were a right royal pain in the whatsits to be honest. I masked the bridge off as you can see in the photo, but had to cut around it very carefully to remove it after clearing. The guitar was cleared in two sessions. One for the body and one for the neck, as they don't come apart just like you say. The other hassle on the Dean was the purfling that they run around the edges of the body. You have to either leave it alone, or paint up to it very neatly indeed. because it's an edge, any follow up sanding that you do needs to be super careful or it will cut through and ruin the whole deal. I'm not a fan of painting acoustics, but the body was dented (believe it or not) and the whole fire/water thing was what the guy wanted on it. He'd also knocked chunks out of the headstock, so that had to be repaired too. Hope he takes care of it now cos there's no way I'm doing that over!

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 am
Beautiful work!

Manufacturer
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:56 pm
Wow, love the guitars!! You did a fantastic job on them! Flying V, Dave Mustaine would be proud. lol
https://www.facebook.com/TamcoPaint

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Non-Lurker

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:53 am
Thank you fo rthe kind comments guys, much appreciated. The Flying V idea was actually as an homage to my other halfs 1969 Dart Custom. Its not the same colour, but you get the idea.

mike key dart pics june 2006 007.jpg

CNV00117.JPG

A rare car in the UK!

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects