Motorcycle Tank

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 pm
This forum taught me to paint back in '06 and I don't think I've ever posted pics of anything I've done. Better late than never I guess.

The owner crashed it so there was a lot of plastic and metal repair to the complete bike. I'll just post up the tank that I finished yesterday which was the final piece.

Straight off the gun.

Mike

Don't Listen To Me I Don't Know What I'm Doing

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:09 pm
wow, that looks really nice, congrats!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:03 am
Looks nice. Are those factory decals? or painted? :goodjob:
When someone says it can't be done....? They are usually interrupted by someone who is already doing it.!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:46 pm
After speaking with the owner of the bike and what he wanted from this rebuild, we went with decals. This is a rare grey market bike and he wanted to put it back to OEM condition.

The tank is the only part of the bike that has decals under clear coat the rest is on top per original specs. These OEM decals are almost gone and very expensive. The complete set is about $1k. Plus my paint work he's up there in cost for a simple low side.

Here's most of the rest of the bodywork. I have to put a slight amount of peel in it to match how it was new and thats one of the reason all these pieces are straight off the gun. I've never been good at cutting and buffing and leaving some peel. lol

Mike

Don't Listen To Me I Don't Know What I'm Doing

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:53 pm
I asked because the decals confuse me with the Honda wings, are they left and right sides? on correct sides? wings look like going in wrong direction? IDK maybe I'm missing something as I view it.
When someone says it can't be done....? They are usually interrupted by someone who is already doing it.!

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:41 am
full blown customs wrote:I asked because the decals confuse me with the Honda wings, are they left and right sides? on correct sides? wings look like going in wrong direction? IDK maybe I'm missing something as I view it.

Nope, they are on there correctly.

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects