1991 Toyota Pickup Restore - First time!

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:25 am
The truck has been sanded down and there are only a few small area's that need to be sanded before I spray primer. I just ordered the Tamco 2k from this site's store. Excited to use it! I still have body work to do on the bed but im going to focus on the cab for now. Also, you will notice that the pictures are out of place, sort of. This has been a project for me for about 2 months now. Im hoping to have the cab primered by the end of the month. Im learning as I go and any help would be appreciated. Since this is not a show car, im using Harbor Freights newest HVLP gun. I sprayed a 1978 CB750 with it already and it has worked amazingly well. As far as I know I suppose. No issues with it at all and im impressed with what Ive been able to do with it for being a complete noob!

I had a thread going in the Paint and Bodywork forum but it turned into a journal so im just going to start a new thread here and finish it up here!

I have a 1991 Toyota Pickup that I used as just a daily beater. Ive always wanted to get into paint and body work but was always so terrified of the prep. I decided this would be the best vehicle to try my hand at a decent paint job. The truck was in good shape except for a few spots that had some previous body work done to it. The body filler was cracking and lifting and the paint all around was in poor shape.

After sanding down an area by hand I decided to just go balls out and do the whole **** thing.

You will see in the pictures that I post there is a good amount of damage to the bed. I will have to weld the holes and grind them down. I took the bed off of the cab because I only have an 11gallon compressor and im going to have to spray panels separately.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:29 am

Decided to clean up and re-do the tail lights

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:47 am
what paint you use for the reflectors?

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects