1969 Pontiac LeMans

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:46 am
Latest project at my shop. Car had nice paint with some rust issues and dents. New paint was blended to the front of each door. Today we will do the cut n buff. More pics on my photobucket. I did most of the filler work and prep, my boss did the painting and welded in some patches to save the decklid.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 am
Looks great, seems a bit odd that the owner didn't want the whole car painted? The previous paint must be really nice if it's to match up with the new paint. Single stage paint I assume or did you leave out the sealer pic?
Rob

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:50 pm
I didnt get pics of sealer but it was used. Yeah, I thought it a bit weird myself that they didn't want the whole car painted, then I figured it out... $$$$$.... it matches well colorwise but the new paint is slicker than the front... the front could be sanded and buffed and it would be perfect, but we aren't getting paid to do that, so.... future side job? :neutral:

The old paint is slick, but it really needs a once over with the buffer at least

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects