Painted, Finally (pics included)

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:41 am
Badsix asked for more photos when I originally made this post. I finally got around to doing a little photo history of the restoration. Unfortunately one of my photo disks died on me so I lost a bunch of in-progress pictures, but you will get the idea from what I have here

http://s457.photobucket.com/user/wdills ... estoration

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:04 am
Nice Tell us more about it

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:50 pm
Car is a 1961 Studebaker Hawk. As you can see from the photos, it has been completely disassembled, rebuilt, repaired refinished and put back together. I made a few mods from stock but I tried to do them in such as a way that the car still appears stock to everyone except a Stude guy. It has an original Studebaker 289 engine. I installed a vintage air AC system with the compressor in the original generator location. A one-wire alternator was installed on the opposite side of the engine. I had to fab up a bracket to mount the alternator and a spacer so I could add an extra water pump pulley to drive the alternator. It has a Mallory electronic ignition. I swapped the original 4 speed trans for a Borg Warner T86 3 speed overdrive and a floor shift. Converted to front disk brakes. Changed it to an electric fuel pump. It has a Dana 44 twin traction rear end. I replaced the original tapered rear axle with a flanged axle. The color is not a 61 factory color, but it is very close to a 62/63 Studebaker color called Rose Mist metallic.

I had a custom interior made by Southeast Studebaker. I will give more details on that once it is all in and I post some photos of it.
Previous

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects