Badsix wanted to see some powder coating I been doing

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm

1997-02 vette wheels (wagon wheels) there cheep all over

done

vette manifold after blasting

after shooting with powder

after bakeing (hi temp) 475 for 25 minutes

Wife's vette (she wanted to drive mine,why fight about it) paid $3000 on c-list for it

done

wife car done ( they made me put 15 grand Ins. on it(hoping somebody runes into it)

MR2 rims

MR2 engine

MR2 done

Brand new HD chome ( bike had 2 miles on it, wanted it black out) why I dont know

HD heat shild shot in Black Chrome

old Bike rims

my 15 year old Laq. paint job, (no clear so it wont check)

here is where the money is, 100 year old cast steel heat register , you cant buy them,they been painted 20 times and cant be replace with a whole ducting rip out

sorry about the leanth ,but here's my next paint jobs, thanks for all the help ,its striped and apart, fixing door rot now

if anybody wants to know anything about powder coating feel free to ask

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:18 pm
nice work, I like the blacked out Harley stuff how do you prepare the chrome parts for powder? can you do hi temp powder in the black chrome ? your getting me wound up here I need to get on my oven. one more question what type of gun setup do you use and what do they cost
thanks Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:18 pm
man that is beautiful work - thanks for posting/sharing. I have always wanted to try it, need to clone myself first to have enough time! ;-)

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:22 pm
^^^HA HA your sure right there !
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:43 am
Bump!
I'm curious about the prep of your chrome for powder.

I found a nice, but small stainless steel commercial oven at a church for FREE (scrap hauling). :) I can't wait to get it installed in my shop.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:58 am
I vote for a Powder Coating Tutorial. :bighug:

Looked in to it a couple of times but being unsure of who is selling the right equipment and giving the right information, I never followed through.

Great work. I'll bet doing black outs on Harleys could quickly become a full time job.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:00 pm
Sorry about the long replie time, I thought somebody yank it do to the Powder Coating Post due to this being a Paint Forum .
Read the sticky post about sanding ,lots of good info and answer a few question I was going to ask, Just going to DA it with 100, then 180 or 220 ,2X prime then
start Blocking. Now that that's said on to the Powder Coating

Heat Shields only heat up to 220 degrees if you ride it hard (had a friend do it then I shot it with a Infer-red gun ) So there no need for HI-Temp, also you dont have the selection of colors in Hi Temp, Hi Temp would be for Exhaust Manifolds and pipes, like these Snowmobile pipes in my oven

HD Crome is preety good crome, I out-gas it to 450-475 degrees after I wipe it down with wax and grease remover, then Coat it,

these are HD front shocks after sandblasting in the over for outgassing

here what they look like done, shot with HD texture Powder
JUST wipe out half of this post on an edit BLEEP!!
will put more in

There's more steps to it then that, if you guys want I can make up a post for you ?

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects