My Paint Job - 356 Replica

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 pm
wow awesome job :D

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:38 am
This is so inspiring and beautiful, and you attempted black too, the hardest to work with. After that second coat of clear it looked chrome even. This is a really wonderful paintjob. You may have noticed all the imperfections but I don't see any at all. I'm wondering how long the process took, from sanding to painting, to buffing.

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:17 am
From memory, it was approx 3 months of evenings and weekends off and on. Wasn't in a huge rush which meant I could take my time to get things as good as i could i.e. things a pro would do in an hour I could get close to in an evening.
No you aren't imagining things, the cow blinked!

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 am
Wow...were past 20,000 views now. Car is still running sweet as a nut and a complete and utter joy to drive. Genuinely lifys your whole mood when you go out for a drive.

:D

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:41 pm
Made a little video up of the car that I thought you might be interested in.

http://www.vimeo.com/1134294

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:35 pm
Very nice! Now go drive the thing. :)
A man can do all things if he but wills them.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:01 pm
356Dents wrote:Made a little video up of the car that I thought you might be interested in.

http://www.vimeo.com/1134294

Impressive skills with the video.. Good angles, smooth steadi cam shot, nice glow effect, smooth pans with motion in the backgrounds, alot of nice suttle effects in there man. Are you shooting off of a 35mm conversion? Or just in 24p mode with a wide angle lense and vignetting effect in post?

footage does look very nice. What kind of camera setup you using? Im just now getting my hands on a canon xha1 that i've had my eye on for quite some time now...

Also what kind of steadi-cam you using? Pro or home made? And what NLE are you using to cut the footage..?

lol I know this isn't a video forum but I've been doing this for a while and its awesome to see that other's on here multi task into different area's..
knowledge is power, power is experience

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:05 pm
Great work on the car, and very cool video. Thanks :D :D
Dr. Auto Car Repairs http://www.doctorautorepair.com

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 am
Are you shooting off of a 35mm conversion? Or just in 24p mode with a wide angle lense and vignetting effect in post?

I do use 35mm adapters but not on this clip. That was just a Canon XH-A1 with the standard lens. Added some vignette and a Magic Bullet filter in post.

footage does look very nice. What kind of camera setup you using? Im just now getting my hands on a canon xha1 that i've had my eye on for quite some time now... Get it...awesome camera. The HV20 is also amazing for the money and great with 35mm adapters.

Also what kind of steadi-cam you using? Pro or home made? And what NLE are you using to cut the footage..? I made the glidetrack myself to do the smooth panning shots. The clip was done to promote this. I use SOny Vegas Pro 8.
lol I know this isn't a video forum but I've been doing this for a while and its awesome to see that other's on here multi task into different area's..[/quote]

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:16 am
Nice, I'm also a vegas pro 8 user.. Enjoyed premiere for a while until over the past couple years it's gotten really unstable..

hv20 really? Will have to look into one.. Thanks

Professional quality stuff though man keep it up. What video forums you on?

Any details on the glidetrack? Those pan's came out SMOOOTH..
knowledge is power, power is experience
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects