My Paint Job - 356 Replica

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:53 am
Just curious, what brand of paint did you use?

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:04 pm
Absolutely beautiful 356!
You did a great job on that car and should be proud. I can't afford a speedster, but will have a 356 some day, always loved those cars...

How's the repair coming along? What brand(s) materials did you use?

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:27 am
What make of paint?

It's MIPA Base Coat and Clear. Nothing special, just what the local factors recommended.

I couldn't afford a real one either which is why I saved for a LONG time and bought a part finished kit then did the work myself. Result, I managed to get the car on the raod for a lot less than it would have cost through the factory.
No you aren't imagining things, the cow blinked!

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:06 am
I see what you mean, the replicas are much more affordable. MIPA is not something most of us in the states use/have access to. Looks like a good product from the results you got!

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:20 pm
Thought you would all be pleased to know that I FINALLY got my car back on the road last weekend. The kit manufacturer was/is going through a rather "Shaky" period and, as such, parts were in short supply. Eventually managed to rustle everything up through various sources and all is now well again.

WOW-I'M OVER 10,000 views now. Does that make me the most popular thread on here? Do I get a prize;)?

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:33 pm
356Dents wrote:
WOW-I'M OVER 10,000 views now. Does that make me the most popular thread on here? Do I get a prize;)?

Thats because this is an excellent write-up.... The step-by-step is great, basically a how to for anyone who doesn't have the know how. My hat is off to you sir :D

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:50 pm
Excellant work there 356?

Nice ride too!

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:26 am
Hi,
Just wondering why you mixed the 2K primer with only thinner? I'm a newbie and everything i've read so far suggests you should use hardener (activator).

I understand that 2k primer may be sprayed non-reduced for medium to high build or reduced as a sealer or surfacer. In both cases you should use a hardener. Why is it that you didn't use any?

Anyone feel free to answer this.

Thank you.

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:46 pm
BUMP :D

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:35 am
warmasice wrote:Hi,
Just wondering why you mixed the 2K primer with only thinner? I'm a newbie and everything i've read so far suggests you should use hardener (activator).

I understand that 2k primer may be sprayed non-reduced for medium to high build or reduced as a sealer or surfacer. In both cases you should use a hardener. Why is it that you didn't use any?

Anyone feel free to answer this.

Thank you.

Hi, I did use hardener which is built into the special 2k thinners. I added 10% normal thinners because thats what the guy in the paint shop said to do (I 'm assuming because it would let the paint flow a little more)
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects