My Paint Job - 356 Replica

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:36 pm
WOW! Very nice. :D

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:21 am
Very nice! What size powerplant do you have in that beast?

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:55 pm
Thank you for the detailed information. I am getting close to paint my wifes 1959 convertable VW beetle and this is just the information I needed. I am going to go with 1959 VW Rock Grey, and I am going to try my first paint job.

Excelent work my friend.....cheers!

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:02 am
What size powerplant? A mighty 1600 is all I'm afraid! For the moment, thats more than enough to put a BIG smile on my face. :D
No you aren't imagining things, the cow blinked!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:20 pm
A young guy in a BMW Z3 decided to try and overtake me on the roundabout then decided to try for the slip road. Result, he snapped my bumper off, damaged the trim, scraped the front wings on both sides (where bumper rubbed as it got broken).

He's insured although he wants to avoid it if he can (wonder why?). Pricing up all the bits tomorrow. Won't be cheap!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:27 pm
Did he need an ambulance....after you had finished with him!
Fantastic car and great write up which is a real help to me. After two classics (morris minor and volvo amazon) I'm in the middle of building a Porsche 550 Spyder replica http://www.550spyder.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html
Regards
Stephen
Lancs UK

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:21 am
How is the repair going? I have used your thread as a guide for my car and wanted to thank you for the time you put into posting all of the details. My husband and I worrked on restoring a 1966 912 that looked good at first, but gave up along the way. We just refer to him as Rusty. I decided it would be better to wait for a less rusted car in the future. Let us know how the car is doing please. Thanks,

Diane

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:55 pm
I know this is an older thread, but I think it deserves to pop back up.

Thanks for all the great info and FANTASTIC pictures. I have been debating painting my own but after seeing this, I'm thinking I can do it!

So sorry to read the last couple of posts and see damage to your "baby". If the person didn't leave in an ambulance, you are to be HIGHLY commended for your restraint. If that happened to me after that much effort and time, I'm not sure I would react very well.

Would love to know how things are going and if you got your car fixed back up.

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:16 pm
:oops: Aw Shucks...you people say the nicest things!

Would you believe the car is STILL not back on the road. The company that makes the bits messed me around BIG TIME for a good 2-3 months saying my parts were nearly ready. Eventually gave up and went elsewhere.

I only just made a start on re-assembling after painting last week. Only have the bumper to refit as well as the deco strip and over-riders and then I will be good to go.

Cold/wet evenings don't make the garage a very appealing place at the moment.

Thanks Again!

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Your car is absolutely beautiful!!! You did an awesome job. Your thread has made me seriously consider painting my car!! Hope for newbies!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects