The BIG project thread

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 pm
I have had a couple of hardwood floors and they can get scared in many ways and yes can be touched up. The worst is high heels where the little rubber tip is worn off or broken leaving the little brad (nail) to leave a little indent in the wood. Real fun :cry: :cry: :realmad:
it needs to be lowered with big and littles. .

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:01 pm
Oh yeah that would do it alright, little dimples everywhere :knockout:

We don't get a lot of company up there and it'll be shoes off for a while. Like a freshly restored car that you're all paranoid about, after a few knicks and dings life goes back to normal and you stop worrying about it. Drove me nuts taking my shoes off constantly as I was coming and going, used to just tromping through with boots or whatever. Something to be said for plywood floors, oh well have to settle for nice now :wink:
Rob

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:52 pm
I understand about the new thing and also the shoes off. Fortunately my bottom floor is all Travertine stone so just the stares / up-stares are carpeted and a no shoes area, still a pain but doable :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:49 pm
Travertine stone? Can't say I've heard of that, sounds mighty fancy though and no doubt pricey.

Edit: just googled it, looks really nice. I bet it looks great in your home, would really suit the design :goodjob:
Rob

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:48 pm
Well I got most of the motor buttoned up, a few things left to do but not much :happy: :happy:

I'm really happy with the battery I got for it, I've been looking for a quality, plain black battery and found this beauty. I love it, not plastered with decals and crazy colors, you don't even notice it, as it should be :goodjob:

Rob

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 am
Bead rolling aluminum trans tunnel- I made an aluminum tunnel extension from the trans back to the rear firewall. I was concerned about clearance on the sheet metal brake so I beaded the three sides before bending. The piece got a little" roll" to it but I didn't think there would be any trouble.HA! After bending ; the piece has distorted to the point where it has a Twist in it and won't sit flat! Is there something I can do to relax the metal? Thanks-Gregg
Opie

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 am
Hi Gregg, that sounds like a question for John Kelly, he knows everything about that sort of thing. He's a member here, don't see him around too much though. A bit hard to visulaize the problem but obvioulsy the beads would have made it a lot harder to manipulate.
Rob

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:19 am
Greg, do you have a picture, I don't really understand, thanks and like Rob said
that sounds like a question for John Kelly
I would put it under Welding & Metal Fab if you are lucky you might find a post from John Kelly and you can send him a PM.

Rob,.
Edit: just googled it, looks really nice. I bet it looks great in your home, would really suit the design

Yes it does look great and it was expensive, about the same as your wood floor but the big cost was the installation. :shocked:
You are really making GREAT progress with the Riv. when are you going to fire it up? :rockon: :rockon: That battery looks great :goodjob: :goodjob:

Dennis we need an update

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:17 pm
We'll be firing it up early next week, can't wait :happy: :happy:

Yes we do need to hear something from you Dennis, you haven't been around in quite a while, hope you're ok.
Rob

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 pm
Rob the nail head looks real comfy in that spot. What kind of torque figures do you guess? Just wondering. Been out of town in the mountains for the last week or so. The wife and I had a Silver Anniversary so we took a nice scenic vacation.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects