The BIG project thread

Show off your work! Anything from final results to full start-to-finish project journals.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:28 am
is that cc"s :shocked: 150 ci = 2,745 cc wow :shocked: :goodjob: :rotfl:
it needs to be lowered with big and littles. .

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 am
Oops, meant cc's.

Yeah they're REALLY big liners/pistons :rotfl: :rotfl:
Rob

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:00 pm
As Promised:

Here are some shots from last weekend. I did the final (maybe not final, final, you know) fitting of the driver door with All Metal. Nothing added to the door edge as it is “real “metal my adds were just to the body side. Then worked on the rear quarter where damage had been repaired in the past that was real close to perfect and I called it good enough so a thin coat of plastic and allot of long board sanding and it is almost done.

I put about 45 lbs in the door to simulate a built door with all the hardware and upholstery, think that is enough?

Door opening edge showing the All Metal

Showing fit aster a little sanding

First pass at rear quarter, a little fill to catch low spot. I use pencil to remind me where to put the plastic is this going to give me problems later?

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:03 pm
That's looking really good Doug, excellent gaps :goodjob:

I would guess 45 lbs is plenty to represent the internals. No idea about the pencil being an issue, I wouldn't think so?

I'm almost finished putting the Riv motor back together then I can get back to the Stang, seems like ages since I worked on it. :rolleyes:

Off to the cabin this weekend , had the hardwood floors done last week, can't wait to see them :happy: :happy:
Rob

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:53 pm
I know the feeling I need to get back to the 39 also. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

New Hardwood floor that should be VERY nice, enjoy :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm
Sure is quiet around here, especially from Dennis, hope you're doing ok bud.

May as well post a pic of the cabin floor, came out great, rustic white oak 7" plank, love it.

Rob

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:00 am
Rob, that floor is BEAUTIFUL :happy: :clap: :goodjob:

Dennis are you OK? Hope so. . . . .

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:17 am
Thanks Doug, I really like the wide plank look, suite the cabin nicely :goodjob:

There's one board on the right side of the fireplace that I'm not crazy about, it's lighter like the frame around the fireplace and doesn't look quite right. I'm going to stain it a few times to darken it up a bit, hopefully that will help.
Rob

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 am
Do you think it will take stain, usually flooring is sealed so it is almost bullet proof? It doesn't look bad at all but if it is bothering you have them replace it :neutral:

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:54 am
Doug's 38 2dr sedan wrote:Do you think it will take stain, usually flooring is sealed so it is almost bullet proof? It doesn't look bad at all but if it is bothering you have them replace it :neutral:

It has stain on it that you can just touch up, or so I was told. I bought a pint of it for the vents, etc. $85 a pint :splat: Anyway I have some scrap pieces that I will try it on and see if it will do the trick. It's unfortunate that out of all the places it ends up in the most noticeable. I have lots of extras so if the stain doesn't work I'll replace it.
Rob
PreviousNext

Return to Completed & In Progress Member Projects