Carbon fiber tools

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:27 pm
I want to cover some interior parts in carbon fiber (already saw how to do it and its a simple job). The only question I have is what type of epoxi resin and hardener should I get. Cant find the one used for carbon fiber, the search shows all kinds of epoxy, steel, bumper etc. Thanks

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm
Watch this,,,I think you will like it.

Here is another one.

I'm thinking about getting into this.
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm
That is nice! But still the other way looks better, but defenetly not bad :goodjob:

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 am
Its hard to tell the difference. Have you ever seen this process in person?

You can buy a kit to do this that's only 100.00
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 am
I have ordered from this place before and had good results:
http://www.westsystem.com/ss/the-105-system/

Had this link saved from a previous post on the subject:
http://www.oppracing.com/opp_pages.php? ... _fiber_101
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 am
OldDupontGuy wrote:Its hard to tell the difference. Have you ever seen this process in person?

You can buy a kit to do this that's only 100.00

Great videos Rick.
I am interested in the Woodgrain Kit do you have a supplier for these you would recommend?
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 pm
Im sorry ,,but I dont.

I have never done this before,,,But it looks to easy NOT to get into doing it.

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 pm
Ok... Like I said, I wanted to cover some parts in carbon fiber by just sanding the part, apply like a tacky base coat (any info is appresiated), add a layer of fiber and then the clear etc. But im between that and making a mold of the part and just make the real carbon fiber part..... Just ONE little problem, have NO clue on how to make the mold... Well im just confused on whtas the best way to go. There are so many ways of making them I have no clue which mettod to use for what I want to do!! Some need releasing wax other dont bla bla... Can you guys point me in the correct dirrection? Nothing to fancy, since its gonna be my first time. Some tips, matterials etc.

Thanks!!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 am
marchese_alexander wrote:Ok... Like I said, I wanted to cover some parts in carbon fiber by just sanding the part, apply like a tacky base coat (any info is appresiated), add a layer of fiber and then the clear etc. But im between that and making a mold of the part and just make the real carbon fiber part..... Just ONE little problem, have NO clue on how to make the mold... Well im just confused on whtas the best way to go. There are so many ways of making them I have no clue which mettod to use for what I want to do!! Some need releasing wax other dont bla bla... Can you guys point me in the correct dirrection? Nothing to fancy, since its gonna be my first time. Some tips, matterials etc.

Thanks!!

I want to do the same thing.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 am
It sounds to me like you need to go to a "carbon fiber" forum and ask this question........................

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com
Next

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic