Need Advice for Perfect Paint Job on Fiberglass Kit Car

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:24 am
Well, most times I do as long as I don't see any wear or staining on my epoxy. If I do, I'll sand, then do a thinned down "sealer" coat of epoxy and head into the poly. The longer the period that I have driven the vehicle in sunlight also pushes me to do that extra epoxy sealer coat as all the chemical guys I have ever talked to say that sunlight begins to breakdown epoxies. When I built my Superstepside truck I drove it for about 8 months and incoporated that extra epoxy seal coat into the schedule.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:47 pm
I feel the same way. Thanks for your side.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 am
Ooppsss.... almost forgot for mram10 here's the build on that Superstepside truck kit. We also talk about vehicle regestration there as well....
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12596
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:50 pm
Thanks again for the advice guys. I hope my paint turns out as nice as the jobs you guys have shown me. Long way to go, but I will keep you posted.
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic