Filler Question

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:55 pm
Is there a filler that can be used on a fiberglass hood and a plastic bumper? I am in the process of gathering materials to paint a few panels on my car and need some help, the world of fillers, putties, and glazes are very confusing.

The hood has a small low spot ( about an inch square) from the molding process but the rest of the hood is fine, and the new front bumper I bought (not sure of the material) has a weird spot ( a circle that is high in the middle but low around the edge) in it that will need leveled. Is there a filler/glaze/putty that will work for both of these materials to save some money since I will not need much and would hate to buy two different cans of filler?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 pm
Well, first thing that comes to mind for me would be USC's Body Icing. It is very flexible and feathers great on both a bumper like that and fiberglas. I usually get my best pricing on it from my local paint jobber/supplier however, you can buy on the net as well.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:11 am
DarrelK wrote:Well, first thing that comes to mind for me would be USC's Body Icing. It is very flexible and feathers great on both a bumper like that and fiberglas. I usually get my best pricing on it from my local paint jobber/supplier however, you can buy on the net as well.

Thank you. Ive been looking for this answer for weeks.

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic