First paint job....

Anything goes in the world of fiberglass and plastic

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:19 pm
Well, I've got to say.....YOU DID IT..... and I mean that.... LOOK WHAT YOU DID.... Yeah, I know we got you pointed around in the right directions but you really put it together. I keep a Corvette file of my past 2006 Vette and all the other custom vettes I like and your pics. are going right in there.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now get out there and find some cruise-ins.....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 pm
Congratulations, the car looks beautiful! And the best part, you can tell people you did it yourself. Top notch job from start to finish.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:50 am
Looks fantastic but I have warn you about that bug. It seems to come when a project like yours gets completed and causes a complete loss of your reason and mental faculties while compelling you to look for - - - your next project! :wink:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:10 am
****, 76....that looks amazing! Congrats!

I'd love to see some higher rez pics of that.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:51 pm
Got to admit 68....I am already looking, LOL. The buff technique and supplies you taught me are top shelf. Even when I rolled the car out into the sun it was not as bad as I thought. A little buff touchup here and there and it gleams in the sun with no swirls. I must have done better in the garage than I thought. The repair job on the back window that Chris guided me on did not turn out too bad. In the sun I can see where it was repaired but apparently no one else can because at the gas station everyone was eyeballing it and making positive comments. I think as I continue to hone my new skills I may get better at it. All the other bodywork that Darrel instructed me on looks great, especially the flares...not one wave. I could only imagine the increase in the quality of the job had I block sanded but live and learn.....I am still happy. Gonna work a little extra this winter and keep my eyes peeled for my next project sitting in someone's backyard or on the farm. I am giving serious consideration to converting the barn to my workshop....only thing that holds me back is getting the car up to the second floor.
You will see me back on the forum before long....it is a must!!!! Much thanks to all again.
Give a man a brush, and he will paint a Picasso.
Give a man a spray gun, and the wife better hide the car.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:53 am
Looks great, good job!
Previous

Return to Fiberglass and Plastic