Shelwes Automatic Contour Sander

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:39 pm
I have watched and read about this product and would like more opinions on it or maybe if someone has used it, it's a great idea and only bad comments are from old school diehards don't like it saying it takes craftsmanship out of it, but I'm inclined to believe this item should be a must have.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:13 pm
ok, here's my opinion based on 65 seconds of viewing time. This is going to sound like a cranky old school guy but trust me I love technology and if something hits the mark I'm all for it.

1. Showing someone using an air file or a rigid block on a contour as the reason this tool saves the day, is really silly. I lost respect for the company in the first few seconds of that video.

2. You can see that on convex surfaces that tool is not planting itself with even pressure across the surface of the sand paper, it's highly concentrated at the apex of the curve.

3. The concave use of the tool is somewhat interesting.

I'd counter this by saying that a good set of flexible blocks is all you need and will give you a lot more control.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 pm
When your right your right, after re-watching it everything you said I can't dispute.

Return to Tools and Supplies