Fluid tip for Reduced Pressure HVLP Spray Gun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:04 am
Some recommendations for fluid tip size on HVLP for paint & clear are 1.3mm - 1.5mm. Does this size depend on the amount of air CFM that gun is rated for?

Looking at the SRI Pro 3.5CFM gravity feed gun it says No. 08 fluid tip. Wondering what that means? And would I need something extra like 1.5 mm Fluid Tip Nozzle & Needle Kit?

Thanks

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:52 am
That gun is only for spot repair.

For larger panels or complete paint jobs you will need a bigger gun which will have the larger tip set recommended for base and clear.

I find the 1.4 tip set to work best for me but then spraying style has a lot to do with gun/tip preferences.

Guessing you have a small compressor and are trying to buy a gun that will work with it?
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:21 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:That gun is only for spot repair.

For larger panels or complete paint jobs you will need a bigger gun which will have the larger tip set recommended for base and clear.

I find the 1.4 tip set to work best for me but then spraying style has a lot to do with gun/tip preferences.

Guessing you have a small compressor and are trying to buy a gun that will work with it?

At the moment the stuff I want to paint are small objects so this gun would be preferred over a larger. From reading company tech PDFs it seems that smaller cfm guns tend to have smaller tip size. so 3-4cfm is 0.8-1mm & 8-12cfm is up to 1.5mm

Maybe I wrong, ill have to experiment.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:22 pm
That gun may work just fine for what you are trying to do. Might have to use a little more reducer but practice with it until the paint and clear lay down right.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Tools and Supplies