Accuspray model 2000

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 pm
Hi guys... New here on the forum.
I'm 33 painting cars for a few years now and also have a small hobby to refurbish old paint equipment.
Now I got this unit sitting here. It's an Accuspray model 2000 (blue) with a model 10 gun. I don't have any information about this unit and also on the web ...there is no information. Does anyone has some information about this unit?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 am
That is a turbine system model aimed mostly at the house painting industry. The turbine is (I think) a 3 or 4 stage unit and I believe there is a mini compressor on board that cart to pressurize the 2.5 gallon pot. You are basically running about 2 to 10 p.s.i. from the mini which pressurizes the fluid feed line to the gun. The larger hose from gun goes back to the turbine system for its' high volume low pressure air source. Most turbines of this time period were about 1.5 to 2 p.s.i. per turbine stage. So air pressure at the gun cap would be 4.5 to 8 p.s.i. max. There a decent system as long as the turbine motor brushes aren't worn out.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am
Wauw thanks alot!
Was this a top of line product back in the day? What where they asking for a unit like this?

Where they using this units to paint walls and ceilings and what not..?

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:40 pm
Yeah, they were considered a near top of the line system for the house contractor that was spraying a variety of paints, especially the heavier latex paints. I would say you were in the $700 to $1000 range depending on the dealer. I was selling Capspray back then and their competing unit was similar but used a double 2 stage turbine system with an air to air intercooler (think plastic radiator) that kept turbine heat in line. Had the same type paint pot and mini compressor driving the fluid pressure. I think we were in the $1000+ range for that unit.
And, yep, the guys painted just about everything with them. No gun cup to deal with so you could paint in any direction. As long as you kept your pot and fluid hoses purged and clean you could pretty easily switch out between oil stains, to oil paints, to latex. Guys would even keep 2 or 3 of the fluid hoses for the different dedicated materials so there wasn't as much cleaning. Back in those days painters just didn't make much profit painting things that were "complex" like say shutters. With so much speed and material savings these sprayers worked well.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:50 pm
Thanks alot, you seem to know alot of this system. Where would be best to get parts for this unit?

I also have a Graco hvlp 4900 with procart is that comparable? Or the Accuspray not in the same leaque...

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 pm
Well, you could start with Accuspray but I don't think you will get much help there. If you need fluid pressure lines they are kind of universal which can be gotten from any paint jobber in custom lengths. If you have internal problems with the turbine you would have to open up the turbine box and determine who's motor they were using. Now about 90% of these motors are Ametek motors made about 2 hours north of me here in Ohio. They do not sell direct however they have dealers everywhere... go here... http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/lighthouse.htm
Go all the way down to the near the bottom of the listings and you will see 3, 4 , and even now the 5 stage replacement motors. Whole replacement motors start at about $159 all the way up to $259 or so. You can also occasionally find used turbines on ebay if you can match up your numbers.
And yep, the 4900 is hands down better because it is definitely a 4 stage unit pumping out 8 p.s.i. at the cap and this is just an opinion....it has a better gun which takes advantage of the extra pressure/cfm.

Return to Tools and Supplies