Thorough cleaning of SataJet Digital ?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 am
So, ordinarily, if I had a spray gun that needed a deep clean, I'd disassemble it, and soak it in a container of acetone for a while, aiding me in getting some of the old, cured paint off the gun that's accumulated over time. My question is in regards to the sata digital guns, and how to do a deep clean on those...

I've been working off a set of older TCP global G6600 guns, but recently acquired a Sata Jet 2000 RP Digital 2 (1.4), and a Sata Jet 2000 Digital 2 (1.3) from a friend who bought a set of newer guns, and I wanted to get some of the old residual bits off the exterior of the gun (the internals look great) to clean it up. I'm hesitant to dip it in spray gun cleaner, as I'm sure that can't be good for the electronics in the gun, but I'm not sure how I can get this thing looking shiny again without damaging it. Any tricks you guys use?

Obviously the right answer is to not let paint cure on the gun to begin with, but I'm curious how others deal with this.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am
first off dont soak any gun.

do you know how to remove all of the pieces ? air cap distribution ring ? things like that ?
do you have the tools the gun came with ?

what i do for some of my "work horse" guns that only get rinsed due to production demands
when they get caked with paint i use aircraft stripper on them (only on the bare body and never and stay away from digital gauge, ), keep in mind i remove and replace the things needing replaced. air cap distribution rings and some seals need replaced if removed,

are you trying to clean the gun body or inside ?
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:21 pm
Was planning on cleaning the outside. Never thought about the aircraft stripper, but in the end I didn't need to. The majority of what i was initially concerned about actually came off with gun cleaner and a rag. I just had to go over it a few times.

I don't have all the tools yet, but I'd pick them up as I'd need them. I'm actually hearing a hiss coming from the gun and air coming out the cap when the trigger's not depressed, so I've ordered a repair kit for it and will clean and replace the pieces that look a little worn.

Return to Tools and Supplies