Oil cooler for cooling air

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:54 pm
I ended up going with the B&M. First time I've ever worked with copper tubing, and using the salt method it worked out pretty well. Only one of the tubes is visibly restricted, so I'll probably end up re-doing it sometime, but for now it works just fine.

The head of the pump is reaching ~300F while the body of the filter and copper tubing entering the tank is only ~100F. The air is noticeably drier, but not completely dry. I'm only using a 10micron filter, may add a finer filter in the future.

One thing I didn't expect is that once the pump shuts off, the air pressure in aftercooler/lines is released at the pressure regulator. So things are only under pressure when filling the tank and not all the time.

Time will tell if I have any problems, but so far so good!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 am
Looks good to me.

Mine releases pressure for a little while as well (10-15 seconds). That is the unloader valve purging the air out so when the compressor kicks on again, the pump side doesn't have pressure built up and put a big load on the motor to get everything rolling again. I don't see it as any kinda of issue tho.
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies