Primer tip sizes?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:43 am
...and just to be extra clear here - we are talking I.D. not O.D. Some guys think they have a 3/8" hose but it's one of those cheap hoses that come with the home improvement store air compressor. They are 3/8" O.D. and 1/4" I.D. not to be used for automotive work.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01 pm
Remember, Toilet paper was made to wipe your but with ,,not remove moisture from air.
I dont like them. Get yourself a real moisture trap!
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:13 pm
The m60 would make a great Final filter for you, but i think you are missing the point, that's not really a moisture trap, that is designed to catch tiny particles of crap (rust from in your tank etc etc) and keep them from ever getting to your gun, a nice setup would be a pre-filter, a water trap, and finally your m60.

the m60 will trap some water, but that's not what it's designed to do. it is not an air "dryer" as you called it, its a cleaner, there's no petcock on it to drain water, whats in there is a giant filter that should be changed from time to time. where as a water separator or trap will have a petcock on the bottom for you to drain any water its caught out.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm
I see. So what is the cheapest air dryer out there?

Also, I guess I should be buying some sort of cleaning kit for the gun?

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm
M60 is great! Use the filter designed for it, change it regularly, and you won't have one problem whatsoever. Had one for 11 years stand alone with a gun filter. Just my experience.
The 60 has bigger inlet/outlet. That is the wrong picture.
That is a M30 posted earlier.

This is a 60.....flows 100cfm. PS....the 30 flows 45 cfm.
http://www.tooltopia.com/motorguard-m60-2.aspx

:pcorn:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 am
Great thanks.

Also, I guess I should be buying some sort of cleaning kit for the gun?

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 pm
Actually Harbor Freight carries 2 kinds of cleaning kits. One is on a key ring and the other in a box. I have used these for years.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 pm
Hello all. This is my first post and the topic seems a good one so here is my question. I just purchased a primer gun with a 1.8 set up. Will this be good for both Epoxy primers as well as High build primers-Primer surfacers?? I read 1.8 for primers is a good place to start but after reading a PPG tech sheet for their Epoxy primers they suggest a 1.4 to 1.6. I do have a 1.4 gun but its my dedicated base or urethane gun. Will a 1.8 be fine for epoxy primers? Thanks
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies