harbor freight gun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:41 pm
Hey just wanted to throw my experience with a harbor freight gun.
They have a hvlp gun it's purple with a white plastic cup 1.4 fluid tip believe its usually 15 bucks on sale.
I'm sorry I can't find a link to put on hopefully someone can help me out.
But anyways the gun is perfect for shooting lacquer primer I usually just leave it in there and th gun shoots it pretty decent if you reduce it correctly. I do mobile painting so I use lacquer more often then urethane primer.
Would I paint a car with one?? F$ck no!!! Lol
The Chinese people that make these don't understand the importance of good seals in a gun lol
Even when the seals go bad after once use or out of the box it still makes a decent primer gun if you keep it clean!!
One more thing everyone in my company uses them 6 guys.
They are cheap enough to toss if you really wanted to.
We use sata 3000b minijets for paint and harbor freight guns for primer don't knock it till you try it!!!!
Are you waiting for paint to dry???Welcome to the story of my life!!! Lol!!!

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm
Was at my local HF today and saw this

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/ ... 68843.html

the handle was all decked out in tribal designs and all :knockout:

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 pm
That chrome body harbor gun looks pretty sweet. I had been using the more expensive purple gun for a while with excellent results. They only reason I dont use it for spraying base any more is because I uprgraded big time to a tekna prolite. Dollar for dollar the more expensive purple gun is worth its weight in gold if you know what you are doing. I use my harbor gun to spray sealer now and it lays it down super smooth. If your good to your harbor gun itll be good to you with the exception of the harbor 11.99 special lol. Those are all garbage
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies