RapidAir Piping Kit

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:31 pm

No, although that's how my air compressor is set up currently. I was more or less talking about using like 120v on that pressure switch that would provide coil voltage to a contactor that would then supply 230v to the electric motor. So the pressure switch is cycling a contactor instead of having all the current from the electric motor going through the pressure switch.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:32 am
You can run it that way ... there are a number of posts in other forums (home shop machinist, garage journal) about this type of setup (pressure switch > contactor > motor).

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:41 pm
Machspeed wrote:Gentlemen,

I’m wish to plumb my shop for compressed air. I plan to do some painting and utilization of air tools in an automotive restoration project. I am considering using one of the kits from RapidAir. They have a kit that for around $200 comes with 100 ft of ¾” line, couplings, t’s, etc. They also have the same kit in ½” line for about $100. I’ve done a couple of searches on this site and was surprised that no one here has commented on this. In fact, I can't find anything on it here. Was wondering if I could get a response? Maybe one of you here can advise?

Thanks,

John

John

I have the Rapidair 1/2" line. I am a newbie at this but the system was very easy to install and works great. I laid everything out on paper first to make sure I had enough parts. Would definitely recommend it!!!

Jeff
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies