What palm sander...

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.



Settled In
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 pm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:57 pm
would be better for sanding out newly applied clear coat prior to buffing....a 3/32" or 5/32" orbit stroke?
:pcorn:



Fully Engaged
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 am
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 am
Dan Clark wrote:would be better for sanding out newly applied clear coat prior to buffing....a 3/32" or 5/32" orbit stroke?
:pcorn:



3/32" because of the smaller eliptical orbit you will be less likely to leave "pigtails" in the fresh paint.

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: virginia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 am
3/16" or 3/8"

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 3107
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Country:
USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 am
I been going 3/16 for yrs

:goodjob:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.



Settled In
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 pm
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 pm
Thanks for the replys,I think I will just have to test drive a few palm sanders and see what" I like best"in the long run!
:wink:



Fully Engaged
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 am
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 am
bloverby wrote:3/16" or 3/8"



The man asked about sanding new clearcoat, not primer. Why would you recommend he use a 3/8" orbit sander ???

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: virginia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 am
Phil V wrote:
bloverby wrote:3/16" or 3/8"



The man asked about sanding new clearcoat, not primer. Why would you recommend he use a 3/8" orbit sander ???



Because the 3/8" works better with trizact.



Fully Engaged
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 am
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:43 am
bloverby wrote:
Phil V wrote:
bloverby wrote:3/16" or 3/8"



The man asked about sanding new clearcoat, not primer. Why would you recommend he use a 3/8" orbit sander ???



Because the 3/8" works better with trizact.



You need to find a different crack dealer, he's selling you some bad stuff.



Settled In
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 pm
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 am
Phil V wrote:
bloverby wrote:
Phil V wrote:
bloverby wrote:3/16" or 3/8"



The man asked about sanding new clearcoat, not primer. Why would you recommend he use a 3/8" orbit sander ???



Because the 3/8" works better with trizact.



You need to find a different crack dealer, he's selling you some bad stuff.

:shocked: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

User avatar

Top Contributor
Posts: 4264
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 pm
Location: Charleston,SC
Country:
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:33 pm
3/8" is all I have ever used on clear........................
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"


Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flyboy and 8 guests