BUDGET CLEAR GUN - ASTRO (not EVO)

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 am
Has anyone had any experience with this gun? Would an expert please look at the specs and offer up an opinion or a better alternative?? Been using a $35 HF...so I dont need a SATA... Hobbiest painter in training here... Thanks so much!! I want to use ********** Universal on my next project, do you think the 1.3 would do OK? They don't offer a 1.4 in that gun.

http://www.astrotools.com/default.aspx?toolsnum=EUROHE103&

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:25 pm
:pcorn:

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:26 pm
My budget clear gun is a GFG Devilbiss Plus gun for 300 bucks. Came with a 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 nozzles and 1 liter cup. A lot cheaper than a new Sata. Something to consider.

I have shot wood cabinets with my HF gun.....Never had the opp to use the Astro.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am
Ya, the Plus was one of the guns I was considering seriously. That and the GTI and Tekna. Part of me just says screw it and buy another HF for 35 bucks... they really do spray well when brand new. Its not like I'll be painting alot of cars... just enough to keep busy.
Another one I was considering was the EVO 4014 because of its low overspray... all the different choices will drive you nuts!! :knockout:

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:32 am
If i was gonna consider a new devilbiss today....It would be the teckna.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:24 am
timbo wrote:If i was gonna consider a new devilbiss today....It would be the teckna.

Thanks timbo, that was what another pro recommended also... they have really great reviews. $339 shipped on ebay w/out cup but i think it has a digital reg. included, so that's pretty sweet. :goodjob:

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:55 pm
NOVAFREEK6872 wrote:
timbo wrote:If i was gonna consider a new devilbiss today....It would be the teckna.

Thanks timbo, that was what another pro recommended also... they have really great reviews. $339 shipped on ebay w/out cup but i think it has a digital reg. included, so that's pretty sweet. :goodjob:

Andy I would rather have the cup instead of the digital reg. that's just me. The battery goes dead and you throw them in the garbage. No changing the battery. they do last awhile though. Devilbiss makes a good compact regular style deal that I have used for years....just sayin.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 pm
timbo wrote:
NOVAFREEK6872 wrote:

Andy I would rather have the cup instead of the digital reg. that's just me. The battery goes dead and you throw them in the garbage. No changing the battery. they do last awhile though. Devilbiss makes a good compact regular style deal that I have used for years....just sayin.

Yes, youre right... I dont need that. But I definitely would need a cup!! LOL Thanks for the heads up on the reg.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm
NOVAFREEK6872 wrote:Ya, the Plus was one of the guns I was considering seriously. That and the GTI and Tekna. Part of me just says screw it and buy another HF for 35 bucks... they really do spray well when brand new. Its not like I'll be painting alot of cars... just enough to keep busy.
Another one I was considering was the EVO 4014 because of its low overspray... all the different choices will drive you nuts!! :knockout:

Once you spray with a better gun I doubt very much you will go back to the HF other than for primer.
I sprayed this round of clear with an EVO4014:

Then I stepped up to the Iwata LPH 400 with a silver cap.
Plan to spray with my new Tekna copper E7E this week. :happy:
Got it from right here: http://www.autobody101.com/content/devi ... pray-guns/
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 pm
Honestly, the EVO 4014 is about the most I can see myself going with $wise at this point... how is the 4014 compared to the iwata?? Isnt it pretty much a copy?

Thanks for the devil link too, thats a good price. I would definitely like to support the site.
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies