Sata 4000 Carl Avery

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:54 pm
Hello guy I want to see if anyone has had experience with the Carl Avery edition sata. I really like the way it looks but I'm worried that is will star to fade or come off after cleaning it everyday with thinner. Is the resale value less if I ever want to sell the gun later on?

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:48 am
I haven't owned a designer edition Sata, but on ebay, there's a used house of kolor edition Sata that is showing some wear from where a person holds it and is slightly fading. Saw some foose editions that did the same. I would think the resale value, even used, should still be higher for the more limited editions than a normal one. As far as the print/coating on the guns, I'd imagine that they make it so it is highly resistant to lacquer thinner and solvents because that is what is sprayed out of them and is used to clean them also.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:12 pm
The custom anodizing on the spray guns usually includes a clear anodized finish to add a protective layer to the design. However, the anodizing and the finish will wear and fade a bit over time. How much depends on how basic/acidic your cleaner is, how hard you scrub, and how much you sweat (salt is a big killer for chrome and anized aluminum), and how much UV exposure your gun gets.

The only way to keep the gun looking new is to not use it, and keep it safely packaged away from the elements.

IMHO, you are buying a gun to either collect and keep pristine, or to use as a tool. Unfortunately, these options are (generally) mutually exclusive.

Return to Tools and Supplies