Spray Gun Comparison

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:56 pm
I'm thinking of picking up a new HVLP gun. I was thinking between the Binks BHV (903348) and the DeVilbiss FLG 4.
The Devilbiss comes with the DeKups system. They are both about the same price (less than $200). Or can anyone reccomend anothe good gun in that price range. The gun will be used for basecoats and clear coats. Thanks

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:52 pm
Couple of questions for you -- does the gun have to be HVLP, and is the Dekups system important to you?

If shooting clear or any single stage paints, HVLP will be a hurdle to overcome. Not saying it will come out lousy but it is much easier to get better results with a compliant/RP gun than it is with HVLP.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:42 pm
I prefer the hvlp to cut down the overspray. I've been using a Binks Model 69 for the last 20 years but the overspray is too much. I'm going to spray the car in my garage. The DeKups is not that important to me. I bought a cheap hvlp touch up gun to play with but I need a full size gun for the compltet job

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 am
The FLG4 is a newer spray gun than the Binks BHV. It's also a better value right now, IMO.
It's also a good choice for use with waterborne paints.

Return to Tools and Supplies