Eastwoods- Contour polyester primer

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:41 pm
Does anyone have any experience with this product. I bought a gallon and it came with 7 tubes of hardner. The only instructions as far as mixing goes is 5% by weight. Whats that mean? Does it even have to have hardner added .

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:00 am
if it came with hardner then it needs it, otherwise it wont cure,
krem

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:55 am
I'm about to give eastwood a call

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:17 pm
I am assuming they sent you 7 of those small 1 ounce tubes. They should have sent you 2 of the 3.5 ounce tubes which would have made things easier for you. Those bigger tubes would work out to 1/2 tube per sprayable quart which is easier to deal with. So with the small tubes its going to be like.... a smidge under two tubes to catalyze a quart or it works out that 1 tube catalyzes 18 ounces of primer. :knockout: Nice of them to make it easy for you, huh? Suppliers have been sending these smaller tubes a lot with these primers because the larger tubes have been going bad faster and not catalyzing properly.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:59 pm
An eastwood tech finally got back with me. He provided me with a chart. Darrell K thanks for your input . That's how he said to mix. Still haven't gotten around to laying down the primer yet though. Thanks :worthy:

Return to Tools and Supplies