Newbie ... Another spray gun question

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:18 am
Hello all,

Newbie here. I'm heading into a classic car restoration, a 69 Camaro Z. I'll be doing all the work..metal welding, body and priming..all except the final paint job at this point. I know a quality paint job is gonna depend on the foundation under it.

So.. I'm looking to buy a gun that I can spray epoxy primer/2k primer as a final prime. What's a good quality gun that one can get that'll get the job done right the first time. And any spraying suggestions like tips sizes for priming (I know epoxy is thicker) ect.

Money not an issue but I don't wanna spend $500 dollars if there's a $200 gun that will do the same quality job. I could use the extra cash towards the car..lol. This is not going to be my career (hobby) but I do want to top notch finish when done.

Thanks for any suggestions and reasons why a particular gun may be better suited.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:26 pm
http://www.autobody101.com/store/spray- ... 4-flg-670/

The reason I carry it, is it is a good gun. If you have the air supply to drive it, being HVLP it's suitable for primers and will give low overspray or paint cloud in the air. The 1.5 or 1.8 tip would work fine - but always consult the product's tech sheet for guidance.

You can spend more but for a primer gun I wouldn't. Some guys have also have luck with the very inexpensive Harbor Freight guns, for primer.

Return to Tools and Supplies