Budget Turbine System

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 am
Ok guys/gals, I am new here, and will probably need to put on my flame suit for this.

My new to me 2002 White Chevy Silverado has the typical peeling of clear on the hood and roof. The rest of the paint is in great shape. My original plan was to do the Rustoleum roll on job on the hood and roof to protect it and maybe match somewhat well.

BUT, the whole reason I was going to do that was due to money restriction and I don’t have access to a big enough compressor. After further thought, this might not be my best option with a newborn at the house and considering the time that it would take to color sand. I don’t plan on attempting this until this summer so she will be a tad older, but still.

The new Turbine Paint System from Eastwood has peaked my interest:

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-turbine-paint-gun-system.html

That, coupled with the GM White Single Stage Acrylic Enamel from TCP would provide a very cheap alternative all things considered. And considering how well I could get the turbine to spray, minimal color sanding.

Current plan is to use my DA to sand down to primer, then depending on how the factory primer looks, either spray primer, or go straight to the single stage.

Any thoughts or reasons why my current plan won’t work? The Eastwood system is an easy sell to the wife too, since it can be used around the house as well.

Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Thanks! :goodjob:

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:29 pm
welcome to the forum.

That sprayer would be good for the occasional mailbox or birdhouse project but I'd can't imagine painting a vehicle with it much less a full sized pickup truck. I have a feeling you will have a lot of color sanding and buffing in your future if you go that route.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm
Trying to backstep with the possibility of using the purple HF gun. Just trying to find a compressor with enough power.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:14 pm
Believe it or not when I was a kid I rented a gas powered compressor once. I don't know if I would recommend that but it actually worked ok with my Binks 2001 siphon gun.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:26 pm
Any idea what it costs to rent one?

Return to Tools and Supplies