how to take off digital display on a sata jet

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 am
Yesterday, I found a "deal" through craigslist on a Sata Jet Digital 2. At the time I didn't know exactly which model it was because I was not familiar excessively with Sata, other than hearing a lot of people like the RP models for clear. This gun that I purchased is a 1.3 RP. Through pictures I noticed the gun was a little dirty, but figured I could clean it well. I looked at the gun before I purchased and noticed the display gauge window was dirty underneath and thought I could remove the 2 screws and the faceplate would come off easily. Well. It didn't happen like that exactly. Is it possible a lot of paint got in between there and the body of the gun and causing it just to be very hard to pop out?

What is exactly the procedure into removing the faceplate that has the window in it for seeing the psi? I found the manual to the gun on Sata's website and it said removing it will void warranty, but the gun seems to have been discontinued in 2005 and warranty probably doesn't apply anymore. Haha.

If you know how to, please advise. Thanks!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:04 pm
Update: Figured out it all comes out thanks to a pic I found online of the cover that was already separated from the gun. The gunk/residue was not behind the cover but behind the glass of the actual display. Tried to remove carefully but broke. The display was so bad to begin with you could not see a reading and was not useful, and now it is definitely not digital. However, I made a solid faceplate to replace the original to make it look much better.

sata01.JPG

sata02.JPG

sata05.JPG

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:19 am
Nice repair!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 pm
1MechEng wrote:Nice repair!

Thanks. Definitely much better than having the old coverplate in and just seeing part of the circuit board to the now broken digital part of the gun :(

But like I said, the digital readout window was nearly black and darkened with some sort of buildup so was useless anyway. After I get a new air cap gasket/seal. I'll give the gun a go with real paint (clear) and spray a panel to check it out. After I know it functions 100%, I'll try to sell it and see what it can fetch. Actually I have 2 sata jets of this model. This one and a non-digital rp thats the same "year" as this one too. Both are 1.3 tips and RP.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:16 pm
I know this is a old thread but how exactly did get display off? I'm trying to get mine out

Return to Tools and Supplies