real or fake satajet?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 am
hi guys, i bought this gun about 6 months ago. haven't had a problem with it and it sprays beautiful, but i haven't seen another one like it and neither has anyone else i ask.

anyone seen one before? it's a 4000rp with a 1.3 tip. it came with the original box, booklet and tools.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:33 am
It looks to be correct except the finish has been removed from the gun, maybe with an acid wash or something like that. Let me guess, there is no longer a serial number on it, right? On the box it came in there should be a scratch-off label with a code underneath it. You can go to Sata's website and validate that code to see if the gun is legit. If no serial number and no code on the box then it's either a knockoff or someone went through the trouble to make it untraceable.

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:51 am
thanks for the reply chris, the gun does have the seriel number and printing on the back side of it? i'll do what you said and check the box.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:56 am
If the gun has a sn on it you should also be able to contact sata to see if it is legit.

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:04 pm
so i found out the gun is genuine. it's just funny how it wasn't listed on their website under limited edition or that anyone has seen or heard of them before.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:01 pm
That's good to hear. Yeah that is an odd finish on that gun...looks like it was stripped but maybe they just made a limited run that way.

Return to Tools and Supplies