HVLP System

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:54 pm
im a hobbiest guitar builder & use 2k urethane with all my builds, can anyone recommend an all in one package with great quality?
similar to something like this?

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-volum ... 44677.html

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:32 pm
A friend of mine just got the latest version from Fuji. He said it is awesome...I tend to trust his opinion...

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:20 am
Lots of really great turbine systems out there right now. The one you pictured there at harbor freight is a little on the "light duty" side for what you are doing. I would want something that could lay down a fairly high solids clear coat in just a coat or two. Fuji and Sprafine are two of the best system choices out there in my opinion. Buy as much system as you can afford and expect to spend in the $300 to $500 for a complete system. You can, of course spend much more but it is just not needed for what you are doing.
Here is a link to a link to Sprayfine on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Stage-HVLP-Tu ... ls&vxp=mtr
You would find that system would do everything you wanted with your work there plus be able to shoot just about anything around the home and still do a complete refinish on a car. A lot of versatility for the bucks. Put "turbine" in the search function here at this site and you should get about 600 posts or so discussing the merits and techniques in using these gun systems.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Tools and Supplies