Meet my Italian Cousin, Walcom Genesi S HTE

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 am
I am always looking for new, foreign, or unknown products in the industry. I became interested in Italian products when I saw the ANi 150 HPS, which is now one of my clear guns. I also own the Iwata WS400 HD. The main reason I chose to get this gun is due to the pre-atomizing nozzle, a feature the Iwata Supernova guns have. I wanted to see how well it would stack up against the Iwata and its Italian brethren ANi. The guns come in the HTE version (they come in a waterbase blue model and HVLP green model). The HTE version is their compliant gun, up against the likes of the 4000RP and WS400 HD. For $470, you get a plastic orange hard case, a gasket and trigger rebuilt kit, trigger lubricant, paint filter, wrench, a 750ml aluminum cup, high quality air regulator and manual. With the Iwata I paid $550 for a cardboard box with a wrench inside (no paint cup, sold separately). Want it with a paint cup? Cough up $675! w/o a regulator. The Walcom gives me MUCH more for the money considering the amount of goodies included.

Onto the the 'pitchers (excuse the oily surface full of finger prints, those are mine. I fondle my guns in ways you don't want to know, possibly scar your for life.)

Made in Italy, and the quality shows.

Throwing up GANG$IGN$ on my 750ml cup.

The high quality regulator, the anodizing looks clean. Not cheap at all. It wasn't thrown in as an afterthought.

The only nuisance: The form of metric on the reg. are in BAR, not PSI.

The gun assembled:

Rebuilt kit

Accessories:

The gun's ergonomics feel balanced and comfortable.

Here's a nice touch, they machine the brass air cap first, then they plate it with nickel, unlike other guns. Small detail, but very insightful.

The knobs are notched.

12 hole nozzle. Helps give the pre-atomization its air.

Nozzle removed, only needle.

The palm grip of the handle is swelled.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:30 pm
Be very interested in seeing your thoughts on this gun after you've had a chance to shoot some material with this gun. Looks to be very well made and finished.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 am
Curious to know where you found it.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:59 pm
CaBoy Coy wrote:Be very interested in seeing your thoughts on this gun after you've had a chance to shoot some material with this gun. Looks to be very well made and finished.

My initial impressions are excellent, quality wise. I plan to spray some Tamco 7642 clear over some of their solvent base.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 am
Guardrail wrote:Curious to know where you found it.

My local jobber had one on sale. P.M for details. I think he does ship out of state.

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 pm
How's the walcom HTE working for ya is it any good? Could you also tell us were you got it from as I'm in Australia.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 pm
I've been spraying with it with mostly Tamco 7642, Allchem 282, and some BASF clears, and I have yet to try some other Aussie brands like unicorn or that stuff VG Auto sells. As with any gun, the "getting used to" time was about 4 days, each day using a different clear. I now have the setting tuned to my working speed. What I noticed was that I needed less pressure than the Iwata WS400 HD, but more than the ANi 150 HPS. I sprayed the 65% sol. Vol. Allchem 282 around 24-25 PSI (1.65-1.72 BAR) and I wasn't leaning back on the clear fluid flow either. What makes this gun special from others is its fan's ability to spray clear evenly like the Iwata. Also it atomizes 85% as fine as the Iwata. Not completely, but I am not paying nearly as much for it($470).
But remember that all spray guns require good air. I am fortune to work where we use Tsunami air filtration and regenerative dryers. Having a air line heater like the ANi helps alot too (I currently don't have a standalone one though). The gun sprays heavy if you want it to, like a SATA 4000 RP, BUT just like any gun, you need a F&*K ton of air. I can't compare with a SATA as I don't have one, but I'll have to give it to a sata user to try.
As for AU, I am from the USA, so I am not sure who distributes WALCOM over there. I can P.M you my jobber, but you'll have to ask if they ship out of country.

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:30 am
So how would you rate the walcom up against the ani150, I'm interested to know as I'm looking to get a new clear gun and I've got a few walcom guns myself so I know the quality gun they are I just haven't used the genesi HTE though. :?:

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 am
Which walcom have you used?

Non-Lurker

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:17 pm
I've used the old fx ha model with 1.2 setup, and slim model plus I currently have there STM hvlp touch up gun also.
Ok so if you had to pick between the ani & the walcom HTE which would be your choice and why?

Return to Tools and Supplies