Newbie Looking for Gun/s

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:39 pm
I spent some time lurking around doing some searches and I think I'm looking at picking up one of the Devilbiss Finish line guns. I was also looking at some IR guns for spraying primer if anyone has any opinions on those.

Back to the question at hand. I found someone selling a kit (FLG-647-WB) locally. Are there any differences between the waterborne kits and solvent kits. I remember reading that not all guns work for spraying waterborne paints; however, I would think that some of the solvent borne paints would be more problematic due to chemical resistance being needed in the seals.

Currently I plan to spray a set of wheels and in the "near" future intend on doing some rust repair on my truck. Those repairs will involve the cab corners and new doors so I will be spraying automotive components. My question is with that kit (FLG-647-WB) work for me or do I need the regular kit (FLG-670)?

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 am
The gun bodies on WB versus solvent gun are exactly the same. The only difference is the cup that ships with the kit. The WB cup is Acetel which is WB friendly and is also solvent compatible.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:30 pm
Pretty sure I've narrowed down my choices. Opinions on the FX3000 vs the Finishline 4 guns?

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:56 am
I have the finish line 4 with 3 tips 1.3/1.5/1.8

After setting it up properly and running the right tip it sprays very nicely.

My gun came with the metal cup, I just put a cap full of lacquer thinner after spraying in it, shake it all about and it cleans out perfectly.

Return to Tools and Supplies