How to get dry air from your compressor

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:38 am
This page lists a bunch of different ways to get dry compressed air from your air compressor before painting your car. It explains some temporary methods and some more expensive, permanent methods.

http://www.powdercoatguide.com/2014/06/how-to-dry-compressed.html

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 am
interesting, and generally good information there - thanks.

This photo is a little problematic though - no compressor mfg is going to want an upward slope coming out of the pump head. That pipe needs to exit downward, immediately. Is it a huge issue?...maybe not just because the air velocity and heat should scavenge the water vapor out of the line...but the engineers who design these systems do it for a reason and I would not want to change it.

If doing something like that, I would exit the copper line from the pump, directly downward to the intercooler unit (which would need to be located lower).

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 pm
chris wrote:interesting, and generally good information there - thanks.

This photo is a little problematic though - no compressor mfg is going to want an upward slope coming out of the pump head. That pipe needs to exit downward, immediately. Is it a huge issue?...maybe not just because the air velocity and heat should scavenge the water vapor out of the line...but the engineers who design these systems do it for a reason and I would not want to change it.

If doing something like that, I would exit the copper line from the pump, directly downward to the intercooler unit (which would need to be located lower).

Yeah, I see what you mean, wouldn't want to risk water running back down into the pump head. That picture is not of my setup. Its someone over on the Garage Journal board. Thanks for the advice.

Return to Tools and Supplies