At wits end with water in air.

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 pm
Yeah it seems like the air is dry again, I ran the compressor through a few cycles and have used the air hot and cooled down, it seems like the trap is picking up zero water again. After dealing with water for so long I was ready to give up, good thing I kept trying different things and it seems to be ok again.

I was dumbfounded because the first filter had droplets, the third was completely dry, yet I was getting a teaspoon of water every minute in the trap. I didn't understand how that was possible.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 pm
I live in a very humid climate...NW Florida. This setup solved my moisture problem. My water separator/filter is alway bone dry now.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/off-topic/311402-diy-compressed-air-dryer/
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:12 pm
So I made 1 more modification

The compressor outlet had a tap on the bottom which caught any water that fell back down

I went to home depot bought a 3/4 inch Tee and some fittings and did this, I tapped the tee and the cap, now I have another leg to drain.

I also bought a gallon of desiccant for $30 and I am going to make my own dryer, I picked up a 37 inch long 1 1/4 diameter pipe that should last me 3-5 months for just spraying and sand blasting.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:24 pm
I can safely say I have beaten the moisture!!!

I just spent the entire day today sanding, the compressor ran for a good 10 min non stop at one point. I am not getting any water at all even without the desiccant. I have 40 feet of pipe running into 50 feet of hose and I am dry at my tools.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:46 pm
Good news. Congratulations
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies