Milton V connectors.

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Thought I would post some feed back on the fantastic info provided on this forum.

I read a ton about volume of air on here and decided to change all my fittings to Milton V's. Realizing I don't have an ideal situation for air supply I decided to optimize what I had to work with. I took my gun and gun mounted regulator out to my spray area and had 90 PSI static and 36 PSI with trigger pulled and set the gun for a good fan and fluid flow to just start to sag with 1 second trigger pull.

Then replaced every connector in the whole system with the Milton V's. Went out and performed the same test with no changes to the gun. I now had 112 PSI static and 60 PSI with trigger pulled and you could hear the volume difference coming through the gun. A one second trigger pull now resulted in a massive fluid flow with huge run! What a difference.

One thing I did notice was that on the 1/2" hose sections I had the orifice in the hose fitting was larger than the Miltons. But the 3/8" hose section I have at the spray area had an orifice in the hose fittings that was about the same size as the garden variety connectors I was using prior. I did drill them out to match the opening in the Miltons.

Thanks for all the great info you guys provide for us Newbies. :clap:

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:11 pm
sounds about right. Got pitcher's?

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:57 pm
Just wait till you try and impact gun with the Milton Vs. You wont be using your breaker bar much now!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:23 pm
69cuda340s wrote:Just wait till you try and impact gun with the Milton Vs. You wont be using your breaker bar much now!

Yep, especially with a 1/2" hose. I just need to get one of those IR larger 700lb torque impact wrench to replace the Sears 200lber.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:22 pm
Great investment for the $$. I bought these right out of the gate and haven't looked back. I think a 6 piece set is around $25-$30 on amazon.

Return to Tools and Supplies