Finally upgraded to the big boy.

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 am
I bought a new 2 stae air pump about a month ago, and it has been sitting on my garage floor while I finished up a car. Yesterday I finally got around to installing it.

On Wednesday I hydro tested my tank, pumped it to 250psi with a grease gun and held the pressure there for an hour. There were no pin hole leaks or explosions.

Thursday woke up nice and early, lifted the 200lb pump up with my engine lift, it just cleared the 60 gal tank, put all the gauges and switches back on.

I then proceeded to kill 3 hrs driving back and froth to the hardware store. First to find the right sized belts, then to buy 4 new longer bolts for the pump.

It was probably 5pm when I finally fired it up. I am extremely impressed with its performance over my old pump, this one is rated for 17CFM@175psi. My old pump took about 7 min to fill my 60 gal tank from 0-125psi, this new pump fills my tank from 0-150psi in just over 3 min. It really shines above 100psi, the needle on the gauge never loses steam until the pump stops.

It is a bit louder than my old pump, it has a deeper popping sound as it pumps so I need to find a way to silence it a bit.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 am
What pump, make and model, did you go with?

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:55 am
I went with a Chinese copy due to my budget, it was a $500 pump was able to get it for $280 shipped.

I think its a Saylor Beall copy.

Return to Tools and Supplies