Iwata supernova

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:58 am
Hey guys! I'm looking to add a iwata to my collection. I will be using it only for clear. I want to know which one to get and what the differences are. I have come across the ws400 ls400 and they are also offered in evo or hd? Also entch? Also should I get a 1.3 or 1.4? Or should I just forget the supernova and get a lph400 to use for both base and clear? I already have a tekna prolite and a 4000 hvlp Carl avery!

Thanks guys!

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:44 am
I have an LS400. Nice gun, cool syling, but I have to run it over 30 psi to get good atomization. It's a soft spray, and goes on light with more overspray than other guns.
I would get the 1.4, especially if you're using waterborne, and turn the pressure up a little over the recommended 29psi. (Don't turn it up so high you blow out the middle of the pattern, though!)

Although, with a Prolite and a Sata 4000 already in your stable, I don't understand why you would want/need a Supernova. It's going to feel and spray way different than what you're used to, and may compromise your results ...

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:20 pm
I have a ws400 its the new evo with the 1.3 setup. Its not as fast as my w400 lv4 with a 1.4 but I like it alot. I demo'd the same gun with a 1.4 setup and liked the extra speed but it used alot more material.

Chuck

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:58 pm
The Supernova's are divided into three types. all #'s based off the 1.3 tip.
L400: This is a LVLP gun, it sprays very fine, but it has very little fluid output (115ml/min). Still they a consume a considerable chunk of air. 11CFM There is also a Gold and Silver color caps. The gold is for base, silver is for clear.

L400H: This is a "hybrid" of the L and WS series. It is the gun that is supposed to bridge the gap between the L and WS. It is even thirstier than the L series. 14 CM. They also come in gold and silver. (145ml/min).

WS400(HD): There are two types of this model, the WS400 and the WS400HD. The HD means High Delivery. This HD is the perfect clear gun as it comes only in a silver cap and outputs (220ml/min) This is the gun I own in 1.3mm and it isn't slow at all. This is what people should use when they complain about iwata being too slow. Like most supernova's it is thirsty. 13 CFM.
http://anestiwata.com/product-category/supernova/

You need a high performing air supply system to get the most out of this gun.
The Walcom and ANi 150 guns are also good, which I own.

Return to Tools and Supplies