Shop Pro mobile work station

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:50 pm
Hello everyone. Finally registered but used this site for a while now. Love it and love the tech advice. so I was wondering if anyone has any experience or any opinions on the mobile work station from shop pro. love the idea of having a roll around spray booth, but is it just as good as a traditional booth?
http://www.shop-pro.com/

Thanks for any input!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:28 pm
I looked into that same setup last year. The thing that I didn't care for it was the fact you couldn't get a whole car in the thing. The thing that I did like is that you wouldn't loose any of your heat in your building like a traditional booth. And since its just recurculating the air that's already in the enclosure it keeps the air pressure pretty much neutral, so it should be able to produce pretty clean work. I think the biggest expense would be the filter system, it has carbon filters to pull the solvents and the ISO's out of the air. I don't know how long a filter would be good for. If its anything like a respirator it would only have a limited shelf life once its in use. But once again, these are all just my opinions. The only way to tell if it would be worth it or not would be to see if you could demo the thing.

Chuck

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:54 am
how much are they??
lol, hek, I cant afford 1 anyways so just ignorre that, but it does give me an idea on how I can build something similar for my shed, off the local scrap yard over xmas I think!!
krem

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:29 pm
Good idea but I'd be a bit concerned about the effectiveness of the filtration system removing iso-cyanates. It may work fine when new but, as noted above, the carbon filters have a limited life and there are 5 layers of filtration necessary. Unless you had some pretty good data on the filters I'd be reluctant to use a home made one - the risks from isos are just too high.
Chris

Fully Engaged

Australia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:38 am
so wat type of filter could be used that wouldn't break the bank??
this setup has given me an idea to build something similar to put in my shed, it will draw the air thru filters in the front and then dump the filtered air out each side, it will be a compact unit about half the size of the above, but will not be used very often as I don't do much spraying, its really just to clear some overspray out,
my plans are to use a 2hp elec motor from an old air compressor mated to a good sized fan, build an enclosure to house it, have the filter system in front of the fan, and a ducting system to carry the air to dump at the sides, it will sit at the end of my shed close to watver im spraying, does it sound like it will work or not??
I fugure I could build it for a few hundred $$, im guessing its better than wat I have now, nothing!!
krem

Return to Tools and Supplies